The research design is a framework used to carry out the research. Research design patterns in each discipline has a specific individual, but the principles are generally has many similarities.
The research design provides a description of the procedures to obtain information or data needed to answer the whole question of research. Therefore, a good research design will result in a process that is effective and efficient research.
Classification of research design is divided into two, namely (1) exploratory research design and (2) Conclusive. Conclusive research design is further divided into two types, namely (1) descriptive and (2) Causal.
Exploratory research aims to investigate a problem or situation to gain a good knowledge and understanding and depth of the problem or situation that made the object of research. While descriptive study aims to menggmbarkan something. Descriptive research has a clear statement of the problem to be studied, specific hypotheses, and detailed information needed
The study design should be able to describe all the processes needed in the planning and conduct of research, which assist researchers in collecting and analyzing data
Research is a systematic process of looking for something in a long time with using scientific methods and rules that apply to produce a good research. Therefore, to be able to produce good research, it is necessary to design research can actually steer researchers at every stage of research
In short, the design of the study can be defined as a plan and structure investigations are used to obtain empirical evidence in answering the research questions. In a broader sense, the design of the study include the following processes
- Identification and selection of research problems
- Selection of the conceptual framework
- Formulating research problems and create hypotheses
- Build investigation or trial
- Selecting and defining the measurement of variables
- Choosing sampling procedures and techniques used
- Develop tools and techniques to gather data
- Make coding, as well as holding the editing and processing of data
- Analyze the data and the selection of statistical procedures
- Writing research reports